BETTA BILT BUCKETS is committed to the protection of your Personal Information. Personal information is any information or an opinion about an identified individual or an individual who is reasonably identifiable. We may collect types of Personal Information from you throughout our relationship and we will advise you of this (and other matters about the collection of Personal Information) before, at or as soon as possible after the time of collection.
Generally, the kinds of information BETTA BILT BUCKETS will collect about an individual may include an individual’s name, signature, residential address, telephone number, date of birth, gender, details of your financial circumstances (including bank account details or credit card information), government identifiers such as tax file numbers, employment details and employment history, insurance policy information, and commentary or opinion about a person, for example credit commentary, eligibility or information received from CreditorWatch, Equifax or Illion.
The specific types of Personal Information that we collect from you and how we collect that information will depend on the services you require from us and how you interact with us. BETTA BILT BUCKETS usually collects Personal Information directly from the individual concerned. Where this is not practical, BETTA BILT BUCKETS will take reasonable steps to ensure that the individual is informed about the collection unless the individual has previously consented to the collection (either expressly or impliedly). In some cases, BETTA BILT BUCKETS may collect information from a third party, such as an insurance company, recruitment agency, wholesale and retail suppliers or via social media.
When you request goods from us we will ask you many details about you and your business. That information assists us in making decisions about our intended relationship with you and the terms of that relationship. You have a right not to provide information that can identify you. However, if all or part of the Personal Information that we request from you is not provided, BETTA BILT BUCKETS may not be able to do certain things (including supply you with goods, consider any application for goods made by you, or process your request for a commercial credit account).
At the time of collecting Personal Information about an individual, or as soon as practicable after that time, BETTA BILT BUCKETS takes reasonable steps to ensure the individual is aware of:
- (a)The identity and contact details of BETTA BILT BUCKETS and BETTA BILT BUCKETS Privacy Officer;
- (b)The purposes for which the information is being collected;
- (c)Any organisations to which BETTA BILT BUCKETS may disclose the information to;
- (d)The fact that an individual has a right to gain access to the personal information collected; and
- (e)The main consequences (if any) for the individual if all or part of the information is not provided.
We will not collect any sensitive Personal Information from you revealing racial or ethnic origin, political opinions or political association memberships, religious or philosophical beliefs, professional or trade union membership, or details of health, disability information, genetic or biometric information, or sexual activity or orientation. Exceptions to this include:
- (a)Where you have given express consent to BETTA BILT BUCKETS to do so and where is it necessary for BETTA BILT BUCKETS to carry out one of its primary functions;
- (b)Where there are reasonable grounds to believe that disclosure is necessary to prevent a threat to life or health;
- (c)The use is authorised by law or reasonably necessary to enforce the law; or when the information is necessary for the establishment, exercise or defence of a legal claim.
When you use BETTA BILT BUCKETS’s website at www.bettabiltbuckets.com.au, our Internet Service Provider (ISP) may make a record of your visit and log your server address, your domain name, the date, time and duration of your visit, the pages and documents you accessed, the previous site you had accessed (i.e. the referring URL) and the type of browser you are using. This information is collected for statistical purposes only, and BETTA BILT BUCKETS will not make any attempt to identify users according to their browsing activity.
In the unlikely event of an investigation, a law enforcement agency or other government agency may exercise its legal authority to inspect our business records or ISP’s logs. It is also possible that your ISP is logging your activity while you visit our site. This is beyond the control of BETTA BILT BUCKETS.
In some circumstances, BETTA BILT BUCKETS will provide you with an option of not identifying yourself, or of using a pseudonym, when dealing with us (unless BETTA BILT BUCKETS is required or authorised by Australian law or a Court/Tribunal order to deal with individuals who have identified themselves, or where it is impracticable to do so).
The Personal Information that you provide to us is used for a number of primary purposes. These purposes include:
- (a)Providing you with our products and services and/or information about our products and services;
- (b)Assessing applications for commercial credit and guarantee documents;
- (c)Assessing applications for employment (where applicable);
- (d)Administering our business activities;
- (e)Communicating with you by telephone, email, SMS or mail;
- (f)Managing, researching and developing our products and services;
- (g)Managing, servicing and reviewing accounts, including overdue accounts;
- (h)Managing client payment information, including credit card information and bank account details;
- (i)Distributing articles or publications or other marketing to you;
- (j)Providing you with better service for the supply of our products and services;
- (k)Investigating any complaints; and
- (l)Insurance and debt collection purposes.
BETTA BILT BUCKETS will not sell, rent or trade your Personal Information.
Any Personal Information which you do supply will only be used internally at BETTA BILT BUCKETS and will not be divulged to a third party unless that third party is associated or integral to the purpose for which you gave us the information or where required by law. We will only use and disclose Personal Information about you for the purpose for which you gave us that information. We may use and disclose Personal Information about you for a purpose other than the purpose for which you gave us the information where:
- (a)That other purpose is related to the purpose for which you gave us the Personal Information;
- (b)You have given us your consent for the Personal Information to be used or disclosed for the additional purpose;
- (c)Where there are reasonable grounds to believe that use or disclosure is necessary to prevent a threat to life or health;
- (d)Where we suspect that unlawful activity is or has been engaged in and we use or disclose the Personal Information to investigate the suspected unlawful activity; or
- (e)The use or disclosure is authorised by law or reasonably necessary to enforce the law.
During the ordinary course of business, BETTA BILT BUCKETS may disclose your Personal Information as required by law or to third parties related to your services, including:
- (a)government departments such as courts, tribunals and regulatory authorities as permitted by law;
- (b)our contractors and subcontractors
- (c)Third parties who may request information for legitimate business purposes;
- (d)parties related to your employment, for example referees or worker’s compensation insurers;
- (e)other credit providers (whether or not your account is overdue);
- (f)credit reporting bodies including Creditorwatch Pty Ltd (“CreditorWatch”), Equifax Pty Ltd (“Equifax”), Illion Australia Pty Ltd (“Illion”) and others; and
- (g)if necessary, our professional advisors including risk insurers, solicitors and financial institutions; and
- (h)anyone else to whom you consent.
BETTA BILT BUCKETS may also disclose your personal information to organisations involved in a transfer or sale of all or part of our business or its assets or one involved in managing our corporate risk and funding requirements.
BETTA BILT BUCKETS has well-documented, detailed procedures in managing personal data relating to the administration of customer accounts which are compliant with the APPs. Compliance to these procedures is monitored by BETTA BILT BUCKETS on an ongoing basis.
BETTA BILT BUCKETS may also use your Personal Information, including e-mail addresses, for the purpose of direct marketing. We may only use your Personal Information or data for the purpose of direct marketing in relation to promotional activities where it is impracticable for us to obtain your prior express consent. However, when we do this, we will provide an express opportunity when we first contact you to decline receiving any further marketing communications from us, via an opt-out mechanism. Please contact us if you do not want to receive any direct marketing information or if you do not want your information disclosed for direct marketing purposes.
BETTA BILT BUCKETS maintains IT systems to keep its customer, vendor and employee data on master files. BETTA BILT BUCKETS has security measures designed to protect against the loss, misuse and/or alteration of the information under its control, including restricted access and firewalls.
While BETTA BILT BUCKETS employs anti-virus software interfacing with its customers, suppliers, contractors and other parties, you should be aware that there is a residual risk in transmitting any data electronically. This risk is inherent in any internet dealings.
BETTA BILT BUCKETS will take all reasonable steps to ensure that all Personal Information we collect, use or disclose is accurate, complete and up-to-date. BETTA BILT BUCKETS will review Personal Information on its databases at regular internals to ensure all information kept is up to date.
You have a right to seek access to your Personal Information and to correct that information. Please contact BETTA BILT BUCKETS if your details change or if you believe the Personal Information we have about you is not accurate or complete. We will provide you with reasonable opportunity to access your Personal Information and have it corrected or updated. A fee may apply to access and you will be required to provide the appropriate identification.
Exceptions to your access rights may include:
- (a)Where providing access will pose a serious threat to the life or health or any individual or pose an unreasonable impact on the privacy of an individual;
- (b)Your request for access is frivolous or vexatious;
- (c)Where the information relates to existing legal proceedings between BETTA BILT BUCKETS and you and the information would not be discoverable in the process of those legal proceedings; or
- (d)Where providing access would be unlawful, may prejudice an investigation of possible unlawful activity, may prejudice enforcement of laws, or denying access is specifically authorised by law.
Where BETTA BILT BUCKETS refuses a request for correction or access, you will be provided with written reasons for the refusal and details of complain mechanisms.
BETTA BILT BUCKETS takes your complaints seriously. If you believe that BETTA BILT BUCKETS has not dealt with your Personal Information in a manner that complies with the Privacy Laws as amended from time to time, please contact us at PO Box 6247 Rouse Hill NSW 2155 or e-mail email@example.com or via any of our contact details listed at www.bettabiltbuckets.com.au. You must submit your complaint in writing. BETTA BILT BUCKETS will use its best endeavours to provide a response in writing within a timely manner, and to correct any Personal Information and notify any other entity required with updated information.
BETTA BILT BUCKETS has detailed procedures for dealing with Privacy Law breaches. If you are dissatisfied with the outcome of your complaint, or if BETTA BILT BUCKETS refuses to provide access to, or correction of, your Personal Information, you may complain to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner.
You can contact BETTA BILT BUCKETS and our Privacy Officer at our head office PO Box 6247 Rouse Hill NSW 2155 Rouse Hill NSW 2155 or telephone 1300 699 888 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or via any of our contact details listed at www.bettabiltbuckets.com.au.